A Great Place To Study
Brighton Journalist Works is an independent NCTJ-accredited journalism training company based in one of the UK’s media and cultural hotspots.
Since 2006 we have trained hundreds of journalists, in small classes. Their success stories, some of which you will find here on our website, speak volumes for our tutors, our obsession with excellence and our industry experience.
Brighton Journalist Works has a team of highly-experienced journalism trainers. All our tutors are working journalists in newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online. We understand the needs of today’s fast-moving media industry.
So why choose us?
- Our graduates get great jobs
- From Day One, a chance to have your stories published in print or online
- You will train in the heart of one of the UK’s liveliest cities
- We guarantee three weeks’ work experience at the end of your course
- You will leave us with a portfolio of work to impress future employers
- All our courses are accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists, the industry’s training regulator
- Our graduates are award winners
- You are taught by working journalists
- We get you through your exams.
BJW and the heartbeat of the city
Fancy relaxing after a hard day’s study over a beer with your friends, catching a bite to eat or maybe taking in the latest movie at the Duke of York’s, the UK’s oldest working cinema? It is all on your doorstep when you train at Vantage Point. And we are opposite the city’s main fire station, if you want to chase a story or two.
Brighton Breezy – the city that has it all
Blue-flag beaches, fresh sea air, a superb nightlife and masses of culture ― Brighton has it all.
The centre of Brighton houses the historic Lanes and the North Laine, both famous for exquisite independent boutiques, classy cafes and scrumptious eateries. You are a brisk walk away from the iconic Royal Pavilion and the deckchairs, candyfloss and games on the Palace Pier. And to top it all, the stunning South Downs National Park is on your doorstep.