One year full-time ― two years part-time. Accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists.
Journalism is an exciting, competitive and rapidly developing industry. Our course equips you with the strong professional journalism skills and attitude necessary to achieve your career ambitions. This MA brings together nationally recognised practice-based learning with the critical rigour of postgraduate academic study.
You will learn how to:
- Turn out engaging copy against tight deadlines
- Record, film and edit material for broadcast
- Contextualise journalistic practice within a theoretical framework of journalism studies
- Understand transitional processes in the news landscape.
- Our accredited Journalism MA was named ‘best performing Higher Education postgraduate course for 2014-15’ by the NCTJ.
- We offer excellent technical facilities, including a dedicated newsroom, the latest software, video and radio studios, and a suite of digital media laboratories.
- We focus on fast-changing developments in journalism – this MA combines both theory and practice.
HOW WILL I STUDY?
You will learn through core modules and options in the autumn and spring terms. In the summer, you will develop a research project that can be a conventional dissertation or a journalism project.
- NCTJ exams
- Term papers
- Portfolios of journalism
- Multimedia artefacts
- Social media
- Critical reflections on practical work and examinations.