"The teachers were inspiring and helped me gain the confidence and qualifications I needed for a journalism career. I’m now doing something I love and am also a published author. I can’t ask for better than that"
Roxy Freeman, The Guardian and author of Little Gypsy
Please select a course to view dates and apply
SPA Journalism competition in association with
Brighton Journalist Works
Are you a budding journalist looking for the right opportunity
to make a break in to the industry?
Brighton Journalist Works is offering to help future stars of journalism writing for an SPA publication to win one of three bursaries on a NCTJ Diploma in Journalism - the most recognised qualification to get your career started in the world of journalism.
- First prize: £3,000 off course fees.
- Second: £2,000 off course fees.
- Third: £1,000 off course fees.
How to enter
Write a 500 word piece about who or what inspires you to want to become a journalist.
Competition first round closes at midnight on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Submissions should be sent by email to Brighton Journalist Works course manager Tracy James: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you include details of your SPA associated publication.
Competition Final Round
Ten finalists will be selected. Brighton Journalist Works will be select the winner after all finalists have taken the Aptitude Test. The winner will be selected from the best performers from the test results.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only.
- The entrant must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The competition is open to student writers working for publications affiliated to the SPA.
- Prize covers bursaries towards course fees for students attending the course at Brighton Journalist Works for the academic year 2016-17 only . This does not include accommodation, food, maintenance, books or any other course material; prize is not transferable to a different 'provider'.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition, duplicate entries will be deemed void.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Brighton Journalist Works reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The entrant agrees to the use of their name, photograph and article relating to their entry.
- The winner will be chosen by Brighton Journalist Works judges at their discretion, their decision is final.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible runner-up selected by the same judges.
- The competition closes at midnight on 30/06/2016, any entries submitted after this date will not be counted.
- Acceptance of the prize offer is standalone and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, (including early payment discount).