At Brighton Journalist Works you study and work like a journalist from day one. The moment you begin we are there to help you unearth stories and pitch them to newsdesks. There is nothing quite like seeing your name on a byline. Just ask any of our students who have had stories published in newspapers and on websites within days of starting at BJW.
Most importantly, our Fast Track and part-time courses are accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists, the industry’s training regulator. The NCTJ certificate is the seal of approval employers want to see. It tells them you have the multimedia skills needed for today’s fast-changing industry and you are serious about journalism.
- NCTJ Diploma in Journalism (Fast Track, full-time. Seventeen weeks and five days inclusive of holidays)
- NCTJ Part-time Diploma in Journalism (One academic year, part-time. Forty-three weeks and six days inclusive of holidays)
- Diploma in Magazine Journalism (One academic year, part-time. Forty-three weeks and six days inclusive of holidays)
- Free journalism workshops (Three hours over one evening)
- Sub-editing (Full-time. One week plus exam day)